Saturday, June 13, 2009

Nikon D90---Digital Field Guide

I realize that this book is very useful to me as beginner of SLR user. This book explained in detail of how to utilise the function of the camera. One thing I learned from this book is Metering Modes. There are 3 types of metering modes - 3D Color Matrix Metering II, Center-Weighted Metering and Spot Metering. I had tested with my camera with diffent mode, you may see the picture below based on the mode respectively.

3D Color Matrix Metering II - reads the brightness and contrast through entire frame to determine the best metering pattern to be used for exposure calculation.

Center-Weighted Metering - A light measuring that emphasizes the area in the middle of the frame.

Spot Metering - a metering system in which the exposure is based on a small area of the picture.

3D Color Matrix Metering II

Center-Weighted Metering

Spot Metering


No comments:

Post a Comment